Pristine Carpet Care - 4 Important Steps to a Clean Carpet
If you are thinking about having your carpets cleaned, we encourage you to take these four steps:
- Make a commitment to do it! Like so many things, carpet cleaning is easy to put off. Don?t forget though that all the time you wait, your carpet is being abraded by walking in the grit of everyday living, and your family is breathing in all the pollutants that a soiled carpet can hold.
- List your objectives. Do you just want some dirt or specific stains removed? is this something you could achieve yourself with a Vax or rented shampooer? Or do you want to remove all the bacteria, fungus, chemicals and dust mites as well? If so, you will need the services of a professional carpet cleaner using methods suitable for your particular carpet and your particular needs.
- Ask questions The only way to learn about a prospective supplier is to ask specific questions and listen carefully to their answers. Here are 8 questions we feel are vital when choosing a carpet cleaner:
- What method of cleaning do you recommend - and why?
- What type of equipment do you use?
- What will your equipment/process remove from my carpet?
- How often should I get my carpets cleaned?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you train your technicians?
- Do you carry adequate insurance?
- Do you guarantee your work?
- Once you are satisfied that you are dealing with an honest, competent, professional company invite them round to give you a firm quotation (make sure they don't charge for this!). The written quotation will give you peace of mind and eliminate nasty surprises as you will know exactly what your job will cost. Following these four steps should give you all the information that you need to make an informed decision. There is no end of companies that will offer a quick, cheap cleaning job, or you can rent the equipment and DIY, but if you want a cleaning service that will remove the bacteria, fungus, chemicals, pollens, tobacco smoke, grease from car exhaust fumes and cooking oil as well as those little critters that we keep talking about, then call us for a firm quotation and a totally professional approach to cleaning your carpets.